What does the Fringe do?
The Ventnor Fringe team co-ordinates the many events that take place into a single festival for the benefit of all of the artists taking part.
- We produce a printed programme listing all events, a print run of over 15,000 is distributed across the Island and in selected locations across the South Coast.
- We build ‘pop-up’ venues and bars throughout Ventnor to be used by artists. These include studio theatres, cinemas, music venues as well as more unconventional spaces.
- We provide advice to artists throughout the process of applying right through to the performance with information and guidance based on our knowledge. We can help you find a suitable venue, suggest local accommodation, travel options, marketing methods etc.
- We negotiate discounts for artists taking part in the Festival, for example on ferry travel to the Isle of Wight.
- We promote the Ventnor Fringe as a whole to the media and industry, and provide services to both to make a visit to the Ventnor Fringe as easy as possible.
- We provide all ticketing services for the shows taking part in the Ventnor Fringe, with both online and phone sales as well as in person though our central hub/bar, Ventnor Exchange located in the town centre.
- Our high traffic responsive website provides full listings, timetables, maps and further information. All participants will have a listing on the site.
Ventnor Fringe provide audience services and manages volunteers to help run all events across the Fringe and ensure the safety of both audiences and participants during events at the Fringe.